Food blogger and Rediff.com reader Preeti Alam shares a step-by-step process.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? E-mail it to us!
Lentil Dosa or Adai Dosa, as it is popularly known in certain parts of India, is a non-fermented dosa comprising a blend of lentils, rice and fenugreek seeds.
Lentils are considered to be a powerhouse of nutrition -- they are high on proteins, rich in fibre and a good source of minerals and calcium.
Besides helping improve digestion, they also stabilise blood sugar and gives instant energy.
Being low in fat, they're equally loved by weight watchers.
Here is a simple and easy recipe of the mixed lentil dosa, a healthy breakfast which tastes great too.
- 1/4 cup split green moong dal
- 1/4 cup masoor dal
- 1/4 cup skinned black lentil
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafetida
- Salt to taste
- 3 whole red dry chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- Oil to roast the dosa
For the dosa
- Pick, wash and soak moong dal, urad dal, masoor dal, chana dal, rice and fenugreek seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain and grind in a mixer with ginger and whole red chillies.
- Pour the batter into a mixing bowl and add asafoetida and salt. Mix well and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat a tawa or griddle, smear some oil on it and pour a ladle full of dosa batter.
- Using the same ladle, working from the centre to the sides in a circular motion, spread the batter to form a round dosa.
- Now flip over, drizzle a little oil and cook till the other side is well done too.
- Enjoy crispy nutritious dosa with chutney of your choice.
Note: This is a fresh batter dosa hence you need not ferment it.
The fenugreek seeds add extra flavour. It helps the dosa turn out more crisp and reduces the chances of it sticking to the tawa.
- How to make Oats ice cream
- How to make Russian Salad
- How to make Chicken Stew
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.